Monday, July 14

our treehouse



So we did it. We moved. We got the hell out. And damn does it feel good to sit here on my laptop, surrounded by bags and boxes, in front of my floor to ceiling windows which kitty loves so much, and just EXHALE...

The last three weeks have definitely been a whirlwind of activity. Lots of traveling, lots of packing, tons of carrying...there was the annual trip to Ocean City Nj with lots of walks on the beach and cold brews. Then there was our weekend jaunt to Raleigh NC to see Tom Petty and Steve Winwood. We stayed at RSB's parents place, which is an oasis situated behind a country club. Palm trees surround the oversized pool, nestled between more tall ancient trees. RSB's mother was constantly making alcoholic rainbow hued snowballs and the dank stoner food which RSB loves so much. Fresh fruit for me. Lying in an innertube, icy drink in my hand in the scorching NC sun, brought me a bit of the blissful relaxation that I so desperately needed,

Of course, being OCNJ reaffirmed for both myself and RSB that we need to move to a sleepy beach town within the next couple of years. We both crave to be by the sea, living life at a much more relaxed pace than we have of late. The only other place I would consider moving to is Tahoe. Nature-wise, it may be one of the most beautiful places in the country, Definately the most beautiful place I have ever been. If it weren't for RSB, I honestly believe that I would have moved there after leaving corporate hell. I just love having the missing half of my soul (RSB) too much to ever consider leaving him, even for paradise.

So here is where we ended up, freshly moved into our treehouse in the clouds. Leaves hang in front of all windows, a large beautiful tree is ingeniously placed in front of our enormous deck, which offers ultimate privacy. We are on the corner of the building so the back half of our place (the bedroom and the office) look out into enormous woods, where we saw a deer nibbling grass on the first day here. Fall is going to be amazing out here, I can tell already. And its only a mile jaunt to Wegmans and even less to the wellness center where I am about to start yoga classes. There are ridiculous amounts of hiking trails around here, I cant wait to get unpacked and really dig into them...

Can I? Dare I even utter it? I think for the first time, in a long time, life is good...

No comments: