Sunday, January 25

...cusp of the new year




I ventured down to Pasadena to see Jen and Roth; hang out in their new digs, oh so close to the bay...lucky lucky lucky to be so close to the water...unfortunately the town itself is complete lacking in well, everything. Trashy vibe, buildings blocking almost all views of the sea, people the furthest thing from salt of the earth...far away from the surftown vibe which I find idyllic...



We paid money for an unobstructed view of the water, $5 to enter a park, on the bay...we walked along the teeny beaches amongst the driftwood and flotsam tossed up by the sea, finding sea glass treasures to fill our pockets. We shuffled in absolute silence, contemplating the upcoming year, staring as the sun fell, leaving only a fiery red trail behind it...in the simple things lies lifes true bliss...sometimes one needs to feel the earth beneath their feet to find the balance.



I try to remember this as this year I have been thrust back into the corporate world which I thought I had left forever. I try to find my balance in the world of strict schedules, clocking in, minute details and analysis of every move. I am grateful to still have a job in this downtime, but still feel panic that hear I am, on the cusp of thirty, still not living the life I need to lead...

No comments: