Sunday, August 10

lazy weekends...



School is finally done, thank god, and I have been back to work for a week, putting all my new insurance knowledge to work. Although the subject of insurance doesn't exactly move me, I love my job. I have satisfaction in what I am doing. I am well aware that I am not exactly living out my novelist living in a cottage by the sea ambitions (yet) but in the meantime, I am ever so grateful to be working where I am.

Money has been a little tight, so we have been getting creative with entertainment. Yesterday me and RSB hiking the NCR trail for a bit, which I am looking forward to doing again today. Apparently the East Coast dog days of August are giving us a brief reprieve from the heat and allowing us to go outside and enjoy the day. It feels so refreshing to have the earths energy pulsing under my feet again.

RSB is still snoozing peacefully as I tap away on the Macbook, drinking delicious fresh organic oj, listening to the owls and birds getting ready for their days. Soon I will tip toe in the bedroom and shower my love with kisses, hoping to awaken him and hopefully convince him to come shopping for some paints and hopefully cover a bit more of the NCR trail and get some pictures...there has always been the itch in my fingers, in my soul, to capture some of the beauty of the everyday moments in this wonderful life. As of late, I have found myself settling into lazy tv watching mode and I hate it. Now that our studio is almost set up, hopefully I will begin creating again, as now there is space to create...

Off to wake up RSB and hopefully venture out...

No comments: