Monday, June 2

moving on...



This last year has been a twirly whirly storm of changes, picking me up, spinning me around, leaving me a bit disoriented...

I have not been able to find any kind of peace in my new home. At first, I rolled up my sleeves and dove in, fully believing that I could make Paul's apartment livable. Goodnaturedly (as always) Paul catered to each decorating whim that was tossed his way. Friends were shocked at how drastic of an improvement came along in such a short time. Yet, still I was unable to find that sense of tranquility that I so desperately longed for. I could blame it on the constant parade of ants marching across the kitchen wall. The bathroom that never dries. The drains that never really drain. The upstairs neighbors who basically define the phrase "neighbors from hell." The energy has always been off; no amount of smudging or incense burning or lovely art or crystals strategically placed in an attempt to create harmony could remedy this...

We are moving.

In a month.

To a very chill super cute community called Loveton Farms, far outside the city limits. As soon as I drove around the community I knew this was where my much needed serenity could be found.

Rockstar boyfriend has been stellar about the entire situation. Even though the move will virtually double our rent, he knows how much I despise where we are residing now. Lucky chica I am to have someone who understands my need for a harmonious atmosphere. It is a rather large top floor apartment overlooking the woods and about a mile from some of the kewlest hiking trails around. I am definately getting a bike :-)



We've been watching a lot of sunsets lately. Both of us are such beach bums and the $4/gallon gas has been keeping us pretty close to home lately. I dream of the ocean. I want to smell the salt, have squishy cold sand running between my toes, feeling the breeze that immediately brings curl to my hair. We have been making do with the reservoir. Vacation unfortunately will pretty much need to be bypassed this year. Only a few days with my family on our annual Ocean City NJ outing...I am so bummed. I walk on the beach for hours, just communing with the ocean. Standing in it in the early sun, freezing cold waves lapping up my calves. Absorbing as much calming energy as I can. This is the most effectual way of entering a state of ZEN for me...

Hopefully my new home will help accomplish that...

And soon we will move to the ocean...

~with grace

No comments: